When people think about security, they often tend to assure that their homes are safe and secure. But, is your office safe enough? We should also think about the security of our office buildings as we spend a good amount of our time at work. At times, we may leave valuables at our office desks that could be at risk. In addition, expensive office equipment (such as computers) can be major targets. Therefore, it is important to increase office security.
A great first step to increasing office security is to approach your space like a criminal. This could include viewing your property from a distance with the mindset of a criminal. Are there places within the landscaping that make for good hiding places? Are there obscure entry ways? Is there bright enough lighting? Are there “weapons of opportunity” (rocks, ashtrays, sticks, etc.) lying around in which criminals could break a window open? Be sure to rectify any of these situations to increase security.
In addition, to surveying your building in the mindset of a criminal, adhere to the following 5 ways to increase office security:
- Install an alarm system– It may sound obvious, but installing an alarm system is a simple first step to increasing office security. There are various alarm systems available for many different applications.
- Hire security personnel- Security guards can help to monitor who has access to the building as well as protect the personal safety of your employees. If there are employees that work late, security personnel is useful in assisting with parking lot safety.
- Protect the outside of the building– Motion sensors and bright lighting outside of your building can be helpful deterrents to criminals.
- Secure entrances– Any access to your office should be secure. Employees should have ID’s and be aware of the protocol for entering and exiting the office. In addition, Access Control Systems help you control and record access to your front door and any other area you would like similar control for. Please remember, any doors that are not commonly used should remain locked from the inside and out.
- Talk to a professional– Call a company who installs alarm systems and can provide you with an array of security solutions. These knowledgeable professionals can answer any questions you may have and also give recommendations on what security measures your office may need depending on the size, location, etc.
When it comes to increasing office security, the above ways are sure to help. Various factors may affect the type of office security you require. Factors such as location, office size, number of employees, and budgets are just a few of these important factors. Call a Security Solutions company today to ensure your office is protected and to answer any further questions you may have.