HOW TO BEAT THE BACK TO SCHOOL BLUES
The last summer long weekend is coming to a end, summer fairs have closed down, back to school sales are in the air. Saying goodbye to summer is one of the most difficult things to do. Remembering the last night of vacation stills leaves us with certain uneasy memories. Its no different for our kids. Here are some helpful hints to chase away the back to school blues.
1. Relax and Practice the first day of school routine: Getting into a sleep routine before the first week of school – Organizing everything you need for the first day, books, binders and backpacks oh my. – Pack a healthy lunch and a couple of treats. Great for making friends in the lunch room!
2. Get to know your neighbourhood: Take a walk around the block and get to know the neighbourhood. – Meet new neighbours, kids and check out the route to school if within walking distance. Hope in the cart with your child and drive the route to become familiarized.
3. Talk to your child: Talking it out will minimize any of your or child’s anxiety about the new school year.
4. Get involved in the school: Participating in your child’s school will give you insight on it functioning and may have a calming affect for your child and ask for help:
EASE A DOG’S BACK TO SCHOOL BLUES
The end of dog days of summer is no easier on our pets. After having us are 24/7 , its back the work day routine. To help ensure your pet doesn’t go through the pet blues try these helpful tips.
– Make your departure a happy time with toys and treats.
– Create a safe place in the house for your pet.
– Keep the radio on for company.
– Greet your dog in your normal way you come home.
– Keep your homework to yourself. “My dog ate it” doesn’t work with the iCloud anymore.
If your pet continues to be anxious contact your local veterinarian.
From everyone here are Protection Plus Good luck with school and with Rover.